2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
1822 Votes - "Most Fun"
86 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
48 Votes - "Friendliest"
3 Votes - "Best For Food"
2 Votes - "Most Patriotic"
1 Votes - "Best for Geocaching"
Lombard, Illinois is full of fun and exciting things to do and see! The Village, located about 20 miles from downtown Chicago, offers a variety of activities to engage the whole family. Lombard has beautiful homes, parks, schools, shopping, events and more that make it a wonderful place to live. There's no comparison to the pride that Lombard residents take in their community. May is known as Lilac Time in Lombard. The annual event includes the famed Lilac Ball and special events throughout the community - and culminates with the annual Lilac Parade down Main Street. The Arts and Crafts Fair and Spooktacular are downtown Lombard street festivals that generate thousands of visitors. Cruise Nights combines vintage cars and live music to become a summer staple. Taste of Lombard is an Independence Day tradition and boasts one of the most popular fireworks displays in the Chicago area. Lombardians enjoy outstanding library and park district facilities. The Helen Plum Memorial Library offers thousands of volumes and extensive programing, while the Lombard Park District has 17 parks and facilities totaling 450 acres for a myriad of recreational activities. The new Paradise Bay Water Park is an award-winning aquatic facility and a huge draw to the community. Lombard has historical sites such as the Lombard Victorian Cottage Museum, a newly constructed Carriage House and the Sheldon Peck Homestead. Lilacia Park is breathtaking with poetic appeal. Enchanted Castle Restaurant & Entertainment Complex is an entertainment complex with 60,000 square feet of kid fun. For older kids at heart, WhirlyBall provides an exciting game that combines basketball, hockey and bumper cars. Premier bowling lounge Lucky Strike and AMC Theatres at Yorktown are fun-filled diversions for visitors of all ages. Lombard is known for its shopping and dining scene, anchored by the 120-acre Yorktown Center. Lombard is a friendly Midwestern town and welcomes visitors. Come join in the fun!
- Lombard is a great place to live! Wonderful people! It's the Lilac Village - great parade in May and Lilacia Park is an absolutely gorgeous site to see!
- on August 29, 2013
- Lombard is a quintessential American small town. The people in Lombard are proud to live here -- the Village's bi-monthly newsletter is aptly named "The Pride." Though only 20 or so miles from downtown Chicago, Lombard offers top-rated schools, suburban charm, beautiful parks and a caring community. The retail is unbelievable - from the downtown Main Street shops to the bustling Yorktown Shopping Centre, there's not much you won't find in shopping and dining in this town. It's not hard to see why many who grow up in Lombard end up raising their families here! Lombard is friendly and fun -- visitors are welcomed with open arms!
- on August 28, 2013
- The Lombard Chamber of Commerce provides many fun events in Lombard such as the Lilac Time Art and Craft Fair and the Lilac Ball each year. We also attend many of the other events that are held in Lombard - and there is always something happening! Twitter and Facebook are the best sources for fun things that are happening in Lombard! The Park District, Lombard Town Centre, Tri-Town YMCA and many other groups keep us updated on a daily basis. there is also a great Facebook page called "Anyone who ever lived in Lombard" which is one of the busiest and most visited page around! People are always posting pictures and memories of years past. It's a very interesting page! Many people don't think of Lombard as a small town, however there is a small town feel about us. You can't go anywhere in this town without running into someone you know, or in making new friends!
- on August 28, 2013
- I am proud to say that I have been a resident for 22 years. We have had the pleasure of living in a neighborhood of pure fun and enjoyment. Lombard attracts fun, considerate, and joyful people. I have attended more events and happenings in Lombard, then anywhere else. How great is it that my hometown created reasons for Staycations and weekend get homes? I am looking forward to Wine and Nine at Western Acres, the Tri-Town Toast behind 20 West, Harvest Fest at the Lombard Historical Society, The Zombie Walk and Spooktacular that happens right on St. Charles Road. Thanks Lombard for putting a smile on my face and a chuckle in my heart everyday.
- on August 26, 2013
- Every year, I arrange a block party and it is a very easy thing to do because Lombard provides a complimentary "Party Wagon" to anyone willing to apply! This wagon arrives the day before the party filled with 10 tables, 100 chairs, a huge grill, a sound system and even a bag toss game! I love our town ...it's FUN!
- on August 26, 2013