2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
1 Votes - "Friendliest"
A rapidly growing suburb of Dallas, Frisco has everything—tons of locally owned restaurants and shops, a wide array of spas, sports and art alike. For local flavor try the largest hamburger on earth, El Jefe, at Kenny’s Burger Joint, a breakfast burrito at Rudy’s Country Store, a filet at Randy’s Steak House or a margarita at La Hacienda Ranch.
For a taste of local culture, visit the Heritage Museum featuring the town’s history and traditions and a living village; the Frisco Discovery Center with traveling exhibits, art galleries and live theatre; the Texas Sculpture Garden’s 40 pieces on display in Hall Office Park; and more than 100 other sculptures displayed around town.
Frisco is home to four professional athletic teams for year-round sport enthusiasm. See FC Dallas Major League Soccer, plus the Frisco RoughRiders Major League Baseball and both the Dallas Stars and Texas Tornado hockey teams at Dr. Pepper Arena, where concerts, events and shows provide endless entertainment. Join in on the action rock climbing at Canyons of Frisco, go-kart racing at Pole Position Raceway, or engaging in a variety of games at Main Event or GattiTown.
Last, stop by Frisco Fire Safety Town, a groundbreaking facility teaching children about safety through a miniature town of their own. It’s just one of the ways Frisco is purposefully planning for the future as it continues to grow. Find out why so many people are moving here in these reviews!
- The people in Frisco are great! So friendly and welcoming, I have loved every visit to this city!
- on June 1, 2012
- Frisco is a great example of a Dallas suburb that has it all!
- on May 31, 2012
- For a small town, Frisco has so much to do. Very family oriented fun at that. Moved here 3 years ago and fall in Love with it more everyday! So glad we made the decision to raise our children here. Tons of parks, sporting venues, great schools, great restaurants, great people!
- on May 30, 2012
- Frisco has so many opportunities for catching sporting events from the peewee level to the professional.
- on May 29, 2012
- Frisco is a wonderful place!
- on May 29, 2012