Waterford Historical Museum and Cultural Center
The Waterford Museum is housed in the 1830 Hugh White homestead. Hugh White and his older brother, Canvass, perfected a hydraulic cement while working on the construction of the Erie Canal. In 1964, this Greek revival mansion was scheduled for demolition. However, a group of citizens rallied to save the house and move it from Saratoga Avenue (Route 32) to its present location overlooking the Mohawk River and the old Champlain Canal.
The Museum features a permanent exhibition about the history of Waterford, temporary exhibitions related to local history, a Victorian period room, and the George and Annabel O'Connor Library for Local History.
2 Museum Lane
City of Waterford
- Cohoes, NY 12188
- 42.78094700, -73.69514200
- Visit Website