The Hayden Ranch was founded in 1859. The buildings that still stand today were built between 1880 and 1930. The site operated mainly as a hay ranch through the 1890s, providing feed for the horses and mules serving Leadville’s mining industry. With the Silver Panic of 1893 and the arrival of the automobile a few years later, the ranch turned to grazing cattle.
- Twin Lakes, CO 81251
- 39.12723100, -106.31435400